Day 27Even more ways to make healthy food choices!
Here’s a list of today’s assignments. You’ll find more details down below!
- Complete Day 6 of the “7 Day Healthy Lifestyle Goal Setting Plan“.
- Track the calories you eat today, keeping within your daily calorie goals, as well as paying attention to your carb, protein and fat percentage goals.
- Evaluate your food choices. How healthy are they? What can you do to make healthier food choices?
- Learn more ways to make healthy food choices.
- Come on over to Facebook, Twitter or Google + for support (or use the comments down below).
- Fill out the Daily Habits Awareness Sheet for Week 4 at the end of the day.
There are so many different ways to make healthy food choices that it’s impossible to list them all. Here are a few to get you started. Once you get these down, you can explore even more ways.
Reduce Salt Intake
Salt is actually an essential mineral. But when it comes to salt more is not better, especially for certain populations The USDA recommends that people reduce their sodium intake to less than than 2,300 milligrams (mg) “and further reduce intake to 1,500 mg among persons who are 51 and older and those of any age who are African American or have hypertension, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease.”
Pay Attention to Certain Vitamins & Minerals
All vitmains and minerals are important, but because people don’t enough healthy foods, the USDA has concerns that some nutrients may be too low in the population. Here’s their list of ‘Nutrients of Concern’:
Yup, More Reading
I’ve put together a list of the top FitWatch articles with tips for making healthy food choices.
- 10 Superfoods to A Slimmer You
- Why Should You Eat Healthy?
- 8 Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run
- Healthy Eating on Vacation
- 10 Tips for Healthy Eating
- Top 10 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Budget
- 4 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Taste Good
Share the Experience
Is there a particular vitamin or mineral you need to focus on — for example, has your doctor told you need to reduce salt or increase your calcium intake?
Missed a Day? Check out the links down below. Sign Up Here for Daily Emails!
Prep Day | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
Week 2 Prep | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Week 3 Prep | Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21
Week 4 Prep | Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24 | Day 25 | Day 26 | Day 27 | Day 28 | Graduation Day - Beyond the Boot Camp