About Coach Suzanne & FitWatch
Heyyy there! So…
This is where I used to have all this information about how I’ve helped people lose weight yaddah yaddah yaddah
, and tips and tricks yaddah yaddah yaddah
Let me just say: I’m REALLY
sorry about that!
While I did try to take an open-minded approach -- eat what you love, eat when you’re hungry
-- there was still a focus on weight loss. And calorie counting. And...
Well, just lots of crap contributing to diet culture.
I see things differently now.
Like how diet culture is rooted in white supremacy and the patriarchy. #fuckthepatriarchy
Like how diet culture bases somebody’s worth -- especially a woman’s worth
-- on some stupid body size. #bodyliberation #bodypositivity #bodyneutrality
Like how “weight loss” is NOT the solution
to your problems. It’s only making it worse. #healthateverysize
Like how cravings are the result of denying yourself
the pleasure of eating foods you love without guilt or shame. #fuckthefoodpolice
The fact of the matter is, it’s diet culture that’s the problem. Not you.
So, what’s the solution?
- Unlearning the things you were taught since you were a baby and shifting your mindset.
- Setting external boundaries when it comes to social media, influences and people who promote a diet mindset.
- Setting internal boundaries by practicing self-compassion, doing away with negative self-talk, and scrapping all-or-nothing thinking.
- Stop tracking every single morsel of food you eat,, every calorie burned while moving, and relying on a scale for your self-worth.
- Learning how to trust your body and eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
- Finding joy in movement that feels good for *your* body.
Know what else that will give you? Freedom -- and more time -- to rediscover yourself without the shackles of ‘weight loss” holding you down.
You’ve been robbed of so much time
that is better spent on yourself than on counting calories, weighing yourself, wondering if you should “eat the cookie”, how to eat during the holidays…
This space is also about being inclusive -- and even beyond that. It’s about being “anti” -- anti-racist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, anti-ableist, and so much more. I’m learning -- and unlearning -- a lot, and I invite you to come along this journey with me.
Who am I? I’m Coach Suzanne, a cis het white woman. My pronouns are she/her. I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of Ho-de-no-sau-nee-ga (Haudenosaunee) and Kanienʼkehá꞉ka (Mohawk) nations. (Check out native-land.ca
for more info on territorial acknowledgements.)
This website will be going through some massive changes over the next little while. Thanks in advance for your patience!
Does any of this strike a chord with you? Feel free to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
~Coach Suzanne (she/her)
The Feminist Inuitive Eating Coach
Come for the breaking of diet rules; stay for the activism.