Day 12Today, we’re going to focus on hunger and appetite — and listening to your hunger cues.
Here’s a list of today’s assignments. You’ll find more details down below!
- Understand the difference between hunger and appetite
- Start listening to your body for hunger cues.
- Track the calories you eat today, paying particular attention to calories eaten vs. daily calorie goal. Listen to your body! If you’re hungry but have already reached your daily calorie goal, then you need eat more and raise your calorie goal.
- Come on over to Facebook, Twitter or Google + for support (or use the comments down below).
- Fill out the Daily Habits Awareness Sheet for Week 2 at the end of the day.
Appetite & Hunger Cues
As you’re reaching for food today, ask yourself how hungry you are on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being extremely hungry and 10 being so stuffed you can’t take another bite. If you’re reaching for food and your hunger level is 5 and above — meaning you aren’t really hungry — ask yourself *why* you’re reaching for food. You could be eating out of habit or because you’re upset or bored.
How do you know if you’re hungry or just want to “snack”? Here’s an article on the different between hunger and appetite:
If you’re eating when you’re not hungry, go back to Day X for a refresher on emotional overeating.
Here are a few articles with tips and tricks for
Something to keep in mind: if you’re drinking a lot of your calories, you’re going to feel less full than if you’re getting your calories from solid food. read more about liquid calories: Are Your Liquid Calories Making You Gain Weight?
Share The Experience
Do you eat only when you’re hungry? Have you lost touch with your hunger cues? Do you drink a lot of your calories? What can
Missed a Day? Check out the links down below. Sign Up Here for Daily Emails!
Prep Day | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
Week 2 Prep | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Week 3 Prep | Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21
Week 4 Prep | Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24 | Day 25 | Day 26 | Day 27 | Day 28 | Graduation Day - Beyond the Boot Camp