Day 26Ah, fruits and veggies. Chock full of vitamins and minerals! You want healthy? That’s the way to go!
Here’s a list of today’s assignments. You’ll find more details down below!
- Complete Day 5 of the “7 Day Healthy Lifestyle Goal Setting Plan“.
- Track the calories you eat today, keeping within your daily calorie goals, as well as paying attention to your carb, protein and fat percentage goals.
- Evaluate your food choices. How healthy are they? What can you do to make healthier food choices?
- Learn more about fruits and vegetables, plus ways to add these into your diet.
- Come on over to Facebook, Twitter or Google + for support (or use the comments down below).
- Fill out the Daily Habits Awareness Sheet for Week 4 at the end of the day.
Fruits & Veggies – Serving Sizes
“Nutrient dense” is what I think of when I think fruits and veggies. And most vegetables are low in calories, so you can fill up on them without adding extra calories.
1 medium fruit = 1 serving size
1/2 cup of vegetables (or 1 cup leafy vegetables) = 1 serving size
The amount of servings of fruits and vegetables you should eat a day depends on your daily total calorie goal. Aim for three to five servings of each a day.
How to Add Fruit and Veggies
- Keep fruit out in the oopen where you can see it and easily get to it.
- Add fruit to low fat yogurt.
- Add fruits and vegetables to every meal.
- Fill half your plate with vegetables.
- Eat vegeratian meals a few times a week.
- Add vegetables to your sandwiches. (Or better yet, ditch the bread and put all your sandwich ingredients on a bed of spinach or romaine lettuce.)
I’ve pulled out a collection of FitWatch articles to help you add more fruit and vegetables into your diet:
- Top 5 Healthy Fruits to Eat for Weight Loss
- Top 7 Healthy Orange Fruits and Vegetables
- Why Bananas Make a Great Diet Snack
- 10 Delicious Ways to Spice Up a Salad
- Top 5 Healthy Dark Green Vegetables
- How to Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
Share the Experience
What’s your favorite fruit? What’s your favorite vegetable? What’s your best tip for getting more fruits and veggies into your diet?
Missed a Day? Check out the links down below. Sign Up Here for Daily Emails!
Prep Day | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
Week 2 Prep | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Week 3 Prep | Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21
Week 4 Prep | Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24 | Day 25 | Day 26 | Day 27 | Day 28 | Graduation Day - Beyond the Boot Camp