Day 5I mentioned at the beginning of the week that you might need to get out of your comfort zone -- and today just may be that day. Are you ready?
Here's a list of today's assignments. You'll find more details down below!
- Track the calories you eat without modifying your eating habits.
- Pay attention to why you're eating. Read the articles listed down below to help you understand emotional overeating and comfort foods.
- Come on over to Facebook, Twitter or Google + for support (or use the comments down below).
- Fill out the Daily Habits Awareness Sheet at the end of the day.
We eat for so many reasons! We eat because we're happy, sad, frustrated, angry, stressed, when we really should be eating for one reason only: to give our body fuel.
Food is fuel for the body; not a band-aid for the mind.
You can get into a vicious cycle when your eating is triggered by emotions. You feel bad, so you overeat. Then, you feel bad because you overate.
You need to figure out what triggers the emotional eating. If it's something in your life, you'll need to consider making changes. If it's something you can't change immediately, you'll need to find ways to manage and cope.
When it comes to stress, instead of eating, you can:
- Vent your feelings: talk to a trusted friend or family member; write in a journal or find some other healthy way to let it all hang out.
- Exercise it away: Exercise is a great way to burn off steam -- and calories. It's been shown to lower stress levels.
- How Mood Can Influence Your Weight
- End Emotional Overeating - Get to the Root Cause
- Junk Food Overeating - Why You Do It
- 5 Clues that a Binge is Imminent
Missed a Day? Check out the links down below. Sign Up Here for Daily Emails!
Prep Day | Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
Week 2 Prep | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Week 3 Prep | Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18 | Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21
Week 4 Prep | Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24 | Day 25 | Day 26 | Day 27 | Day 28 | Graduation Day - Beyond the Boot Camp