7 Of The Best Reasons To Give Water The Respect It Deserves
Everyone knows that water is good for us, and that we need to drink a certain amount each day to be healthy. But sometimes, it’s just so hard to choose water over the more flavorful drinks – like soda, juice, coffee, tea and all the other great tasting drinks available. Well, water is always the best choice, so if you need some more convincing, here are 7 reasons to say “Yes!” to water:
- Great Looking Skin – People spend hundreds of dollars on products to give them great looking skin, when water offers huge benefits for free. When your skin is looking tired and unhealthy, so do you. It’s so important to stay hydrated in order to flush out any toxins in the skin, and to prevent the skin from getting dried out. On the other hand, if you have puffy, bloated skin, a lack of water is also causing your problem. If your skin isn’t getting enough water, it will hold on to any that is there, which leaves your skin puffy and not very attractive. So, if you want that “super-model“skin, try giving it enough water to stay healthy and beautiful.
- Cheaper Than Alternatives – If you’re spending money on bottled water, which is sold everywhere, it’s most often just as expensive as soda, juice or coffee. But, did you know that studies have actually shown that in many cases, tap water is just as clean and safe as bottled, and at a whole lot cheaper price. If you just can’t make yourself drink the tap water, due to the taste or any lingering doubts about safety, buy a pitcher with a filter. It’s still a lot less expensive.
- Healthier Heart – It has long been known that those who drink a lot of water have much fewer heart problems that those who don’t drink enough. When you’re properly hydrated, your blood will be thinner and easier to pump. Obviously, this is a huge benefit for your heart, because it will not have to work as hard.
- Less Toxic Build-Up – Everyone has toxins in their cells, as awful as it sounds. Some are courtesy of the environment, and some are produced in our bodies. No matter where they come from, they still need to be removed. To use an analogy that anyone can understand, it works much the same as a flush toilet. In the same way that water is used to flush out a toilet, our body uses water to flush out the toxins. Getting rid of this waste allows the body to function properly and to help you feel better.
- No Sugar Added – Although fruit juices taste great and contain a lot of nutrients, many people don’t realize just how much sugar is also present. When drinking the juice, the sugar in the juices triggers your insulin response, which in turn actually makes you tired and sluggish. This also ends up converting the sugar to fat quicker. Sugary sodas are no better – they contain no nutrients, but cause the same reaction in our bodies.
- “No thank you! Just give me my coffee!” – So, why would you want to drink water, when you could just drink a lot of coffee or diet soda during the day, and get the water from it? Simple. These drinks contain caffeine, which is a diuretic, causing you to actually lose water throughout the day. Although you will retain some of the water from these beverages, you won’t hold on to anywhere near as much as with pure water. You can try drinking decaffeinated beverages, but to get the best results, just stick with clean, pure water.
- Energy Boost – If you think you just can’t get through the day without your morning coffee, and the energy boost it gives you, give water a try! Water can give you a huge energy boost. Since your body is made up mostly of water, it makes perfect sense that the water needs to be replaced as it’s used up throughout the day, in order for it to work effectively – especially the heart and digestive tract. The more efficiently your body is working, the more energy you will have and the better you will feel. So, next time, skip the coffee and go straight for the water!
The bottom line is: water is the best thing you can give your body. The next time you’re faced with a choice, go for the water. Your body will thank you by feeling healthier and looking great.