7 Fun Ways to Exercise At Home
We all know that exercising is important to keep our bodies healthy, but sometimes trying to find the motivation to exercise can be downright impossible. So many people are abandoning their exercise bikes and workout tapes because the initial excitement has worn off. Working out has become more of a chore than something they can look forward to. But, there are so many exercises and ways of working out that will give you the same results — and let you have a little fun in the process!
- Play a fun and active game with the kids, like tag or running races. Not only are you burning calories and getting your heart pumping, but you get to have some fun and spend quality time with your kids in the process. You won’t even feel like you’re exercising, plus you’re helping your children to be healthy and active as well.
- Splash around in a pool. If you don’t have your own, go to a local one for an afternoon, either with friends or your kids. This is an excellent way to get some exercise while doing something that’s fun. Swimming burns calories while building up your muscles. The water actually acts as a weight, which gives you even more benefit from your workout.
- Add some music to your exercise routine. It’s amazing how much motivation you can get just from listening to music. It makes exercising more interesting, and gives you an extra little boost of energy to help keep you going. (I love using iTunes: iTunes Store Music)
- Invite a friend or family member over to take part in the exercise program. Having someone to talk to and joke around with will help you get through your exercise routine faster. Doing 30 minutes of exercise can feel like only 10 minutes when you have someone to help pass the time. You can help motivate and inspire each other.
- Use a mini-trampoline. These are always fun, and not just for kids! Who can resist jumping on a trampoline when they see one? A mini-trampoline will make exercising fun, and they’re easy to fold up and store away when they aren’t being used.
- Move your exercise bike in front of the television set. This way, you can exercise while watching your favorite show — and you won’t even feel like you’re exercising. The television will keep your mind occupied, and before you know it, you will have put in 30 minutes of a workout without even realizing it! If there’s nothing you want to watch on TV, you can even read a good book.
- Reward yourself for a job well done. If you’ve managed to accomplish your exercise goals for the week, reward yourself with a trip to the mall to buy that new shirt you were wanting, or give yourself a trip to the salon for a manicure. Keep a personal journal, and mark it each day that you follow your exercise program, so you can actually see your progress and can prove to yourself that you are deserving of a reward. (Don’t forget, you can keep also track of your exercise with the FitWatch Fitness Tracker!)
If you can find ways to keep exercising fun, and exciting, you’ll be far more likely to stick with an exercise program. And, once you start seeing some results, it won’t be so difficult to stay motivated, because you’ll be seeing that your hard work is paying off. Use your imagination a little, and you’ll be surprised at how much fun you can have while exercising. Crank up the music, and run around with your kids – don’t be afraid to have some fun!
- Unheard of price reductions Bowflex® home gym for a limited time only! Deep discounts. Visit site.
- Schwinn® brand upright exercise bikes. Learn more.
- Elliptical training machines for your home.
|« Previous Post||Next Post »|